Life's Inspiration - Be the change you want to see and inspire someone.
RSS

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

new
Should your friends really be used to define you?

Categories

Personal

Archives

September 2012
May 2011

Should your friends be used to define you?

Should your friends really be used to define you?

If i was to define who you are, not knowing you, should i be able to do that by understanding the friends you keep? Would you be proud enough to say go ahead, i represent my friends and my friends represent me?

Should your friends really be used to determine who you are? Why should it be use to define you or why should it not be used to define you? Throughout our socialization, we were always known to form small sub groups within out classes, church or even the place we work. How did you become apart of that group and what is it that had drawn you to that group? Have you ever thought that it may be due to similar personalities goals and characteristics, do you agree? Then isn't it therefore right for others to determine who you are by the friend you keep?

We are often lead by our internal instinct and thus its the similar characteristics that we share that draws up to be apart of or form the groups we become apart of. Its is often said "show me your friends and ill tell you who you are", this has sparked many discussions with arguments for and against. Nonetheless I believe it should be used to define you, however there should be an extent to which your friends are used to define you. Often times persons form groups base on there present situations, some groups may be temporary while on the other hand some are permanent. With this in mind, consideration must be given to the reason and the time span that you  are or have been apart of that group. At times out of trial and error, persons trying to find out or determine who they really are joins many different groups, groups in which two or more weeks down the line they choose to no longer be apart of.
How would you feel if your were in this situation, would you want that general understanding among persons to be used to define you? In addition how would you feel  if the next person you define by the group they are in you see them down the road two weeks later and they are the total opposite? This is to say often times persons form there own impression of others and thus this mirror there ability to

When all is said and done the truth still remains people will judge us by the friends we keep, therefore my advice to you is, while you should not segregate yourself from others or may them feel inferior, it was not meant for you to be apart of every and any group. Choose wisely and "show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are".

Whats you take?

14 Comments to Should your friends really be used to define you?:

Comments RSS
sweetie pie on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 12:52 PM
Each person is an individual and everyone defines themselves no1 else can

Edz on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 1:06 PM
"Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are"

Benie on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 1:59 PM
just by the heading alone...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I am nothing like any of my friends.. our personalities differ, our like n dislikes differ, our morals differ, choice in guys differ, however, i realize that all of my friends have an outgoing personality..

queenb on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 2:41 PM
society will judge us based on the friends we keep;frankly i don't care,everyone needs friends and at the end of the day we are all individuals and diffent in our own kind of way.

queenb on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:59 PM
society will always judge us based on the friends we keep,ultimately we define ourselves,not our friends.

Shamequa on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:13 PM
In most cases ppl tend to judge otheers by the type of friends that they keep which is not always the right thing ting to do. I dnt think that that should be the case but it seems to be a trend nowadays.

Tashanya on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:15 PM
birds of a feather flock together.... thats all i have 2 say

Stu on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:39 PM
So very true.

Jaye Smilez on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:46 PM
Hell no i have lots of friends and we all have different personality and opinions

Melissa on Friday, May 6, 2011 4:28 PM
This has been a debate for sometime and people always say it. One has to know his/herself and the kind of people that you choose to associate yourself with. If you are a Pastor would be best friends with a Pimp? If a woman is a Deaconess, she be best friends with a prostitute. It depends on your take and one must know the kind of persons that they want to be associated with. And that's my take on that Sir!!!

sweetprox on Friday, May 6, 2011 4:53 PM
i really dont think u shud be defined by ur frens as they say 7 brothers 7 different minds...we mite b frens but we share different personalities and characteristics but what binds us is our situation interests and bond among others..

beijing tou tips on Friday, May 17, 2013 1:14 PM
Thank you for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I'm very glad to see such great info being shared freely out there.

glass clamp on Saturday, May 18, 2013 3:51 AM
To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly. -Henri L Bergson

Reynalda Acencio on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:49 AM